College Scholarships for Truckers and Their Families
May 19, 2017
Is someone in your family attending college this year? If so, the TCA scholarship program is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year. As part of the initiative, any undergraduate student in good standing that plans to attend an accredited four-year college or university is eligible to apply if they meet the following conditions:
- They are the child, grandchild, or spouse of an employee or an employee of a TCA member.
- They are the child, grandchild or spouse of an independent contractor or an independent contractor affiliated with a TCA member.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
Scholarships from the TCA Scholarship Fund are awarded on a per-semester basis. It renews the second semester if the student is in good standing. Scholarship amounts vary from $2,000 to $6,250.
TCA scholarships are awarded without regard to sex, race, color, national origin or relations. Recipients must demonstrate financial need and be of high character and integrity. Those awarded scholarships must maintain full-time status. Winners of the scholarship will be posted to the TCA website July 31, 2017.
Interested applicants should do the following to be considered:
- Submit a complete online application to the Truckload Carriers Association.
- Send the TCA an official complete transcript.
- Send in course schedule (if available) for the upcoming term.
- Provide the name, department, address and telephone number of the person check should be sent for disbursement.
- At the end of the year, submit to the association a complete application for the upcoming school year should he/she wish to reapply for the scholarship.
- Send the association a “headshot” photo. The digital image must have a 300 dpi resolution or be 1 MB in size.
- The spring semester payment will not be issued until the trustees receive official transcripts for the fall semester.
To learn more or to apply, please visit: http://www.truckload.org/Scholarship-Eligibility-Rules
About Millis Transfer
Millis Transfer, Getting It There Since 1936, has an impressive service record earning dozens of “Carrier of the Year” awards. Headquartered in Black River Falls, Wis., Millis is also a Certified Top Pay Carrier with some of the best equipment on the road. Maintenance facilities and drop yards are strategically located throughout the company’s operating area. Its sister company, Millis Training Institute, offers five school locations that provide students with quality training in order to earn their CDL-A license. For more information, please visit www.millistransfer.com, www.mtidriving.com or call 1-800-937-0880.