As an over-the-road truck driver, it’s tempting to eat every meal at a fast food restaurant. Slow-cooker meals are a great way to enjoy home cooking while saving money and trimming your waistline. It also ensures you have something warm to eat if you get snowed in during cold weather. Here are five perfect recipes truck drivers can make right in the cab.
BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1 pound pork loin, trimmed of fat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 hamburger buns or hard rolls
- Place pork loin in slow cooker. Top with onion and barbeque sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Shred pork with a fork and coat with sauce.
- Serve pulled pork on hamburger buns or hard rolls. Makes 4 servings.
Cheesy Ham and Potatoes
- 14 ounces frozen diced potatoes with peppers and onions, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese
- 1/2 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 4 oz sour cream
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless fully cooked ham
- Combine all ingredients except the ham in slow cooker. Place ham on top of the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Stir well and serve. Makes 5 servings.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- Sour cream
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Combine first three ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours or on high for 2.5 to 3 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork and coat with sauce.
- Place desired amount in a tortilla and top with sour cream. Makes 4 servings.
Chili Beef Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- Place chuck roast in slow cooker, sprinkle with taco seasoning and pour BBQ sauce over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours. Shred the beef and coat with sauce. Serve on rolls. Makes 4 servings.
Honey BBQ Pork and Carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork roast
- 8 oz. baby carrots
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- Place pork roast and carrots in slow cooker. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours or until pork is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve over rice cooked in a rice cooker. Makes 3 to 4 servings.
If you have what it takes to live the exciting life of a truck driver, Millis Transfer is here to help you have a long, healthy and successful career. To learn more about how to become a paid tourist, call (800) 937-0880 or APPLY NOW at www.mtidriving.com.
Leave a Reply