As an over-the-road truck driver, you get to see more of the country in one year than many people see in their entire lives. You have a unique opportunity to compile your experiences into a travel diary. It’s one of those important truck driver tips you can do during your downtime. Consider all the reasons to keep a travel diary and it may become a priority for you.
- Material for a book: If you have ever thought about writing a travel guide or a book based on your personal experiences, what better way to collect the information than by recording the day-to-day adventures of your life on the road? Imagine what a good book you could write from all the stories in your travel diary!
- Stories for posterity: Picture yourself years from now as a grandfather, retired after a long and successful career as a truck driver with Millis Transfer. Your grandchildren gather round to hear your stories, which are recorded in your travel diary. It’s easier to share your stories when you have records from the exact days specific events took place.
- Relive memories: Even if you don’t plan to share your travel diary with anyone, this truck driver tip serves as a way to walk down memory lane. It’s easy to forget many of your great hauls or lucky breaks, but if you write them down, you always have a way to relive your best moments on the road.
- Defeat boredom: Whether you’re killing time before you can start your next shift or entertaining yourself during a lone meal at a truck stop, writing in your travel diary is a great use of time. You don’t even have to write real sentences; just doodle or whip up a to-do list.
- Learn something about yourself: After years of keeping a travel diary, you have an archive of your most intimate thoughts from different points in your life. You may not realize how far you have come until you reread diary entries from five years ago and compare them to where you are now.
These truck driver tips for keeping a travel diary are sure to give you a different outlook on your truck-driving job. If you have what it takes to live the exciting life of a truck driver, Millis Transfer is here to help you have a long, healthy and successful career. To learn more about how to become a paid tourist, call (800) 937-0880 or APPLY NOW at www.mtidriving.com.
Leave a Reply